VISION OF THE SRI LANKA ARMY ORDNANCE CORPS
The vision of the Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps is to achieve professional excellence thus setting a national benchmark in Material Management and contribute to achieve highest productivity and standards by Sri Lanka Army.
MISSION OF THE SRI LANKA ARMY ORDNANCE CORPS
The mission of the Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps is to provide effective and efficient Ordnance supply to Sri Lanka Army while ensuring responsibility, accountability in a professional/ user friendly/modern technological approach and enhance the knowledge of Offrs/ORs in all functions in Material Management to ensure highest level of technical competence/productivity.
ROLE AND TASKS OF A SLAOC REGIMENT
ROLETo provide effective and efficient Ordnance supply to all dependent military establishments in AOR whilst ensuring responsibility and accountability in all Ord functions.
- Tasks of an Ordnance Regiment are as follows;
- Advise the SFHQ/DIVs/BDEs/all military estbs in AOR on all Ord functions/matters.
- Maintenance and bi - annual update of database of aval human, vehs, machinery, eqpt etc & applicable scales, staff tables relevant to Ord supplies in respective AORs.
- Provision, receipt, inspection, storage, accounting, maintenance, issue and disposal of all types of Ord stores in respective AOR as per relevant FRs, Treasury circulars, AHQ/DOS instructions and also ensure smooth functioning of Automated Material Management System.
- Vetting and scrutinizing of demands/all types of Ord stores received to ensure acceptable quality standards and productive Ord supply system to the troops in AOR.
- Carrying out of all activities of the entire procurement cycle for all types of Ord stores through Regional Procurement Committees whilst ensuring “value for money” and proper financial management.
- Design and development, manufacture, repair or modify the relevant types of Ord stores through all Ord workshops in the unit whilst ensuring the acceptable quality standard and proper accounting of all raw materials.
- Ensure proper accounting and maintenance of sufficient stock reserves of all types of controlled stores as directed by the respective controlling authority in the AOR/AHQ.
- Conduct of annual Ord inspections in all dependent military estbs in AOR and submission/review progress of such inspection reports to Dte of Ord Svcs/dependent units in time.
- Monitor and supervise all Ord functions in all under command FODs/stores sections & ensure proper accountability, responsibility and maximum productivity.
- Nominate Ordnance representatives for all types of Bds of surveys in AOR in time and also conduct of trg activities (lectures/seminars etc) in liaison with respective SFHQ/dependent unit estbs in AOR.
- Conduct of all types of special to Arm trg incl on the job trg for all Ord functions for all Ord personnel under command within the AOR to ensure high level of technical competence.
- Maintain op readiness to provide relevant Ord supply assistance to mil/civil authorities during an emergency/disaster situation in the AOR as per SOPs laid down by SFHQ/AHQ.