MAJ I A WEDAGEDARA psc ato
1. He was born on 1st of March 1980 and studied at Gangasiripura College, Gampola and Dharmaraja College, Kandy. During his school days, he was a distinguished student who excelled both in school education and in extracurricular activities. After completing his schooling, he joined the Sri Lanka Army on 1st of September 2002 with the aim of protecting the country from the terrorists, and joined the authority as a commissioned officer after completing Basic Army Training Course No. 58 B at Kotelawala Defense Academy and Sri Lanka Military Academy Diyatalawe. After appointment, joined Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps on 30th December 2005.
2. During his military career he served as Group officer of the 2nd Regiment Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps (Anuradhapura), Officer Commanding of the Forward Ordnance Depot at 52 DIV, Staff Officer III (Training and Admin) of the Regimental Center Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps (Dombagoda), Staff Officer III (Supply and Maintenance) of the Master General Ordnance Branch, Overlooking Staff Officer II (LOG) of the Security Force Headquaters (Jaffna). Procument Officer at Defence Services Command and Staff College (Batalanda), Chief instructor of the School of Ordnance (Dombagoda), Officer Commander of the Ammunitions Sub Depot (Welisara), Deputy Commandant Army Clothing Depot, Staff Officer II of the Directorate of Ordnance Services and Second in Command of the 7th Regiment Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps (Mullativu), this senior officer is currently serving as the Commanding Officer of the 7th Regiment Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps (Mullativu).
3. He is an efficient working officer who attended the Young Officer Course (CRTS/ATS/ITS), Warehousing Management and Purchase Procedure (Nipunatha Piyasa Alvitigala Mawatha, Colombo - 05) Short Course 39 on GIS and Appilacations, psc refresher course at OCDS (Buttala), Defence Services Command and Staff Course No 09 at Defence Services Command and Staff College (Batalanda), Basic Ordnance Management Course No 73 (India), Ammunitions Technical Course (China) and JSC (AD)61 Mid Career Course (ORD) No 55 (Pakistan)
4. Also during his proud service for 20 years for his motherland, He was awarded with Eastern Humanitarian Operation Medal, Northern Humanitarian Operation Medal, Purnabhui Medal, North and Eastern Operation Medal, Sri Lanka Armed Services Long Service Medal 1979, Sevabimani Medal and Service Awarded with medals.
5. He was also married to Mrs. Indika Madhavi Rodrigo of Kaluarachi and blessed with had two daughters Manduli Yashodara Vedagedara and Minduli Yenara Vedagedara