Brig GKI Vithanachchi ato
1. Brigadier GKI Vithanachchi ato, who was born on 20th October 1967 is a proud product of Dharmashoka College at Ambalangoda. This senior Officer joined the regular force of Sri lanka Army on 14thjuly 1989 as an Officer Cadet of intake 32. Upon successful completion of basic military training at Sri Lanka Military Academy, Diyathalawa. He was commissioned in the rank of second lieutenant and posted to the Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps on 21st January 1991.
2. During his Military career, He has held various appointments in both Operational and non Operational areas including Platoon Commander ATS (Maduru oya), Officer Commanding - Forward Ordnance Depot (Vettilakarni), Officer commanding - Forward Ordnance Depot (Elephant pass), Officer Commanding - Ordnance Store Section (Saliyapura), Officer Commanding - Forward Ordnance Deport (Welioya), Senior Ordnance Officer HQ 53 Division (RSF), Officer Commanding Troops - 4 SLAOC (Kankesanturai), Officer Commanding Central Arms Depot (AHQ), Officer Commanding - Ordnance Store Section (Colombo), Staff Officer Grade II - Directorate of Ordnance Services, Staff Officer Grade II (Finance and procurement ) - Directorate of Ordnance Services, Stock Control Officer - 3rd Regiment Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps, Officer Commanding - Central Arms and Ammunition Depot (Kosgama) and Officer In charge Central Arms Depot (AHQ), Second In command - Officer Commanding Troops Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps ( Kankesanturai), Staff Officer Grade I (LOG) - Security Force Head Quarters (East) Minneriya, Second In Command 3rd Regiment Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps (Minneriya), Staff Officer Grade I ( Executive Branch) - Directorate Of Ordnance Services, Commanding Officer - 5th Regiment Sri Lanka Army Ordnance Corps (Kankesanturai), Commandant - Army Clothing Depot (Veyangoda), Head of procurement DHQC (Akuregoda), Colonel (A&Q) Security Force Head Quarters (Jaffna), Colonel Ordnance - Directorate of Ordnance Services (AHQ), Presently, The Senior Officer is serving as The Commandant - Central Arms And Ammunition Depot (Veyangoda).
3. To his credit, He has attended a number of local and Foreign courses of academic and professional value. It includes United Nation Logistic Officer Course (Kukulegaga), UN Mission Course - IPSOLTSL (Kukulegaga), Basic Ordnance Officer Course - Bangladesh, Junior Staff Course - Pakistan, Mid Career Course - Pakistan, Ammunition Technical Officer Course - Pakistan, Senior Management Officer course - India, Higher Ordnance Management Course - India.
4. The Senior Officer has been conferred with East Humanitarian Operation Medal, North Humanitarian Operation Medal, Purna Bhumi Padakkama, North and East Operation Medal, Riviresa Campaign Services Medal, 50thIndependence Anniversary Medal 1998, Sri Lanka Army 50th Anniversary Medal 1999, Sri Lanka Armed Service Long Services Medal 1979, Sewabimani Padakkama, Service Medal during his illustrious service in the Army.
5. He is married to Mrs. Deepika Vithanachchi and blessed with two loving daughters and One son named, Thanuli Movindya, Methuli Bovindya and Sethula Vithanachchi.