WOMEN AND CHILDREN
As per the direction of Commander, Security Forces Headquarters, KILINOCHCHI troops conduct programs for Woman & Children to uplift their life style. Activities which are done by troops listed as links in below in detail.
- DISTRIBUTION OF DRY RATION FOR FAMILIES WITH LAW INCOME IN 65 DIVISION AOR
- CONSTRUCTION OF TWO SANITARY FACILITY COMPLEXES AT SCHOOLS
- DISCUSSIONS WITH AUTHORITIES ON SECURITY MEASURE FOR SCHOOL CHILDREN
- SECURITY PROVIDED FOR THE PROTECTION OF SCHOOLS IN KILINOCHCHI DISTRICT
- ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON BEAUTY CULTURE
- A WORKSHOP ON ANTHURIUM CULTIVATION IN KILINOCHCHI AREA
1. To uplift the lifestyle of women and education of the children in the area a program was launched by the 4 Battalion, Sri Lanka Army Women Corps.
2. As a result of the terrorism prolonged in the North and East Provinces of Sri Lanka, the women and children had become the worst affected group. Most of the local population is alien to the Armed Forces of Sri Lanka and they lived under the preconceived ideas which were propagated by the LTTE. Thus it has become a challenge to changed wrongly implanted cognition. To reach the target audience the feminine wing of the Sri Lanka Army; the Women’s Corps was given the responsibility of educating women and children on several areas of feminine interests.
3. Improve the knowledge base of women and help to acquire self-employment.
4. Provide safety and better environment to children to grow up in KILINOHCHI area.
POPULATION AS AT 31.12.2017 - KILINOCHCHI DISTRICT
|DS Division||Male||Female||Total||Sex Ratio (Female/Male)||Sex Percentage
Source: District Statistic Handbook- Kilinochchi ( 2018)
5. Women and the children in KILINOCHCHI area have been approached by the Army in order to open the avenues closed for them over decades of misery. They have taken these opportunities and participated positively. In a way, that has been an achievement to change their preconceived ideas and prejudice about the army.