06th March 2019 14:39:28 Hours
According to the direction given by the General Officer Commanding of 57 Division, Major General Vijitha Ravipriya, a workshop on anthurium cultivation was held on 03 March 2019 at Nelum Piyasa auditorium Kilinochchi. This was organized under the supervision of the Commander 574 Brigade, and Commanding Officer 3 Gajaba Regiment initiated the program.
As anthurium is a good source of income in lot of areas all over the island and vastly growing field in aim of familiarizing this anthurium cultivation as a livelihood for people in Kilinochchi area this program was done by Sound of Anthurium institute with the sponsorships of ITN, Lake House – Tharuni News paper, Uni Power Co Ltd & Marina Foods Co Ltd.
On the day of program Mrs. Yamika Gunawardena - Chairman sound of Anthuriyam Pvt Ltd, Mr Sunil Premarathna- producer ITN, Karthika Nirochana - Central Bank Kilinochchi, Mr Edwin Suresh - SDB, Mr Malaka Nuwan - Goldy Advertising, Mrs Manoli Subasinghe - Editor Tharuni Newspaper, Mrs Niroshani Premarathne ATV Creation and 400 civilians from all around the Kilinochchi and 100 soldiers were attended.
Following topics were covered by the workshop:
• Introduction to Anthurium cultivation by Sound of Anthurium institute
• Adopting new technology for Anthurium cultivation by Uni Power Co Ltd
• Introduction of loans with low interest rates by Central Bank Sri Lanka - Northern province Branch
• Demonstrating the correct way to grow anthurium plants by Mahima Plant Nursery
• Introduction of Project loans by SDB Bank