FREE FERTILIZER AND SEEDS TO COCONUT CULTIVATORS AWARENESS PROGRAMMEN IN 66 DIVISION AOR ON 03 AUGUST 2018.
5th Mechanized Infantry Regiment organized a charity work to distribute a large stock of coconut fertilizers and seeds among low-income families in Pooneryn under the patronage of Silver Mill Company, Mirigama .This ceremony was held at Arasapurakulum Battalion Training School premises.
The event integrated with a training program on usage of coconut fertilizer and coconut seedlings for the cultivators.Regional Assistant Manager, Divisional Coconut Development Board in Jaffna, S Karunes and Coconut Development Officer Mr. S Sathiyendran delivered comprehensive speeches and a demonstration on introduction to fertilizer and best usage of fertilizer for better revenue.
1. Trade and Commerce in Kilinochchi area has been disturbed for a prolong period. Most of trade committees were ill functional. However, with the dawn of peace and harmony trade has developed at a considerable pace. Development of road communication and other infrastructure facilities, financial assistance by banks and other financial agencies has brought fast moving trade in the rea.Agriculture products, Fisheries industry, minor industry and cottage industry are moving strength to strength day by day
2. Assist all available agencies to develop the Trade and Commerce in Kilinochchi area.
3. Objectives of this project are as follows:
a) Assist trade committees to establish proper systems in line with Southern areas.
b) Identify disturbed areas and exchange information with relevant agencies.
c. Educate the trading community about bank loans and assistance available by other financial agencies and Coordinate matters pertaining to those affairs.
d. Introduce latest technologies with the help of government agencies and large scale business community in the South.
4. Trade Organizations Kilinochchi.
|01||Chamber of commerce and agriculture – kilinochchi||33|
|02||Union of profit makers – 1kilinochchi||320|
|03||Trade development union – kilinochchi||339|
5. Trade and commerce in Kilinochchi has attained a reasonable pace. Concentration by government trading and development agencies and attraction to Kilinochchi for new ventures by private sector investors in future would certainly enhance the trading potential of Kilinochchi.