C/O Regiment of Artillery
E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CEYLON ARTILLERY ASSOCIATION (CAA) was formed in 1945 with affiliation to the Royal Artillery Association. It was raised to continue the comradeship that existed without distinction between Officers and Other Ranks. This is the binding link between all Gunners, be they Coastal, Anti-Aircraft, Medium, Field, light, Regulars or Volunteers.
Comradeship is often the thing that Veterans miss and in order to maintain the true spirit of the statement, “Once a Gunner, always a Gunner”, all serving gunners are encouraged to become members of the Ceylon Artillery Association. Accordingly, continuity of this tradition will be maintained even after the retirement.
The objectives of the Ceylon Artillery Association are:
- To foster a bond of comradeship amongst retired Artillery personnel..
- To promote the welfare of retired Artillery personnel.
- To provide financial assistance to the family of a member/next of kin on the death of a member through a contributory Death Donation Fund.
- To be closely associated with the Sri Lanka Ex-servicemen’s Association and obtain assistance for retired Artillery personnel.
- To award Scholarships to children of retired Artillery personnel, who have obtained admission to Universities or other accepted Institutions for higher studies.
Benefits of Membership...
To renew old friendships and make new ones within the Ceylon Artillery Association and the Gunner Family, It is obligatory that all retied gunners join their respective district associations. The benefits include the members’ attendance to;
- The Annual General Meeting - held at Regimental HQ Panagoda.
- The SLESA /Artillery Remembrance Day Parades.
- Annual Family get-together.
- War Memorial Day.
- National Hero’s day Parade.
Further, the members will be entitled for the following,
- Educational Grants for Children.
- Medical grants.
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
|Patron||:||Capt AJB Anghie|
|Trustees||:||Maj Gen LCR Goonawardene RSP VSV USP ndc IG|
|Col R Harindran|
|Col JAS Rathnasabapathy|
|President||:||Col RV Koanwinne RSP IG|
|Vice President||:||Lt Col RM Premarathne Banda|
|Maj A Rodrigo RSP|
|Maj (QM) KG Chandrasiri|
|Hon Secretary||:||Maj BAA Sriyarathne Balasuriya|
|WO I HM Ananda|
|Hon Treasurer||:||WO 1 WMC Wanninaayaka|
|Assit Treasurer||:||WO1 BDN Ranasinghe|
|Executive Committee||:||Maj Gen JC Rabukpotha RSP USP ndc psc IG|
|Col DJR Rupasingha|
|Maj AS Hewamanna|
|Maj PAU Jayarathne RSP|
|Capt DMS Dissanayaka|
|Lt SM Samaranayaka|
|WO1 S Athisena|
|WO 1 DM Dayarathne|
|WO 1 S Lokuliyanage|
|WO 1 JH Ebat Perera|
|WO 1 TRK Amarasena|
|WO 1 WD Upali|
|WO 11 JRW Sahabandu|
CAA Executive Committee meets on Every 2nd Saturday of the month at HQ SLESA at 1500 hrs
MINUTES OF THE CAA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
BRANCH NETWORK AND PRESIDENTS
We currently have 6 active branches and looking to start new 3 branches. We encourage anyone that is interested to get in touch with us about forming a new branch in any area that has Gunners within its community. Starting a new branch does need someone at the helm to steer it in the right direction.
|DISTRICT||NAME OF THE PRESIDENT||CONTACT NUMBER|
|Colombo||WO I WMC Wanninayaka||773830979|
|Gampaha||Lt SM Samaranayaka||714945926|
|Galle-Mathara||WO II JRW Sahabandu||770024762|
|Kaluthara||WO I JH Ebert||777034943|
|Kurunegala||WO I DM Dayarathna||724586650|
|Kandy||Maj PAU Jayarathne RSP||716908274|
|Anuradhapura||WO I S Athisena||718034452|
|Badulla||WO I S Lokuliyanage||718004525|
|Rathnapura||WO 1 TRK Amarasena||718019653|
|Polonnaruwa||Capt DMS Dissanayaka||711639768|
2. Ceylon Artillery Association held it's Annual General Meeting on 10th May 2015
3. Ceylon Artillery Association held it's Annual General Meeting on 20th July 2014
4. Ceylon Artillery Association held it's Annual General Meeting on 13th May 2012
5. Ceylon Artillery Association Family get together held on 20th November 2011 at Dampe Village Piliyandala.
6. Ceylon Artillery Association held it's Annual General Meeting on 09th May 2010
7. Family Get-together of Ceylon Artillery Association at Public library on 6th Dec 2009