- The 9 SLSC was raised on 15 July 2008 at Signal Regimental Centre, Panagoda.
- This regiment was initially deployed at Thallady, Mannar on 7 August 2008 with 04 Officers and 23 other ranks to perform classic role during the humanitarian operation.
- Deployed here at Iranamadu ( abandoned LTTE base) from 29 April 2009 onwards.
- Previously this regiment provide signal communications for 57,65 and 66 inf Div on 04/12/2020, 65 Inf Div attach to SFHQ (WANNI) and on 16/07/2021, 57 and 66 Inf Div attach to SFHQ (MLT).
- Presently this regiment responsible to provide communication for Reserve Strike Corps and under command 02 x division headquarters, 08 x brigade headquarters, 25 x battalions & 01 x training establishments in Reserve Strike Corps.
Provide communication and information technological support required for the command, control and administration within 1 Corps HQ and affiliated formations/ independent organizations.
- Provide communications and information technological support/advice for formations down to the level of battalion/regiment HQ and for static headquarters under command to 1 Corps.
- Coordination of information security.
- Conduct of basic training in communication and information technology for personnel under 1 Corps.
- Provide first line repair facilities (operational maintenance and repairs) for all communication equipment and information technological equipment in the formation.
- Provision of all audio visual requirements of 1 Corps.
- Provision of communication and information technological assistance during disaster relief operations and other special operations as ordered by 1 Corps .
- Provision of limited EW assistance with coordination of EW regiment.
- Assist 12 SLSC to conduct second line cyber security auditing within formation.
ADDITIONAL SUBSIDIARY TASKS
- Provision of communications for the civilian sector when requested by the 1 Corps.
- Provision of technical assistance to required/ related civil authorities in order to facilitate ongoing operations
- Provision of assistance to the Sri Lanka Telecom and other service providers to maintain the essential communication requirements of the 1 Corps.
- Provision of miscellaneous electronic services such as public address systems and led panel service.
- Liaison with OCSO/ SIGNAL BDE and estb required communication with tri forces, police and para military forces.
Lieutenant Colonel BMMB Herath RSP USP
PAST COMMANDING OFFICERS
|Lt Col||KAWS Rathnayaka||05.08.2009||01.01.2011|
|Lt Col||DBC Jayasinha psc||02.01.2011||23.10.2012|
|Lt Col||CP Arangalla psc||24.10.2012||12.01.2013|
|Lt Col||AP Wikramasekara psc||13.01.2013||02.06.2014|
|Lt Col||GCV Fernando||21.06.2014||25.06.2016|
|Lt Col||PWMMD Wijerathne RSP USP||26.06.2016||04.08.2018|
|Lt Col||MKG Perera RSP USP||05.08.2018||07.08.2020|
|Lt Col||MPCB Jayashantha USP||08.08.2020|
|Postal Address||:||9SLSC,Army Camp, Iranamadu Junction, Kilinochchi|